Friday, June 8, 2012

Two-a-days aren't just for Football players

That's right ladies and gentlemen, you read it correctly! This chick is doing two-a-days in the gym! Now that school's out for summer (sing it to yourself), I have all of this extra time to dedicate to losing all those LB's that found their way to my body in the last 9 months. That's the length of a school year....not referring to the length of a pregnancy! Although, horrifyingly enough I seem to weigh as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant, hence the 2-a-days!
So, I'm doing all I can to get this weight off. Okay not really, because that cake and ice cream AND Oreo cookies I continue to eat are not helping the situation ONE BIT!  I don't however, skip out on the gym.....much! It has been a crazy week and therefore I missed a bit, but I went tonight and in my favorite cardio room at my local Platinum Fitness facility they were playing AVATAR. A movie I had no inclination to watch at all. I hesitated to get on the treadmill for my 20 minute run, but I did. Lo and behold the movie was near the end and I only got to watch the last 10 minutes of it while I ran. And who's gonna sit or run if you will, through a freakin' black screen with credits rolling for what seems like an hour? (See..Wolverine) Not me! 20 minutes cut down to 10 just like that.  I didn't run out just yet though, I did hit up the core area and make it happen over there until my stomach was on fire.  Now none of my gym "boyfriends" were in sight so I made a bee line outta there, past the murky pool, which even though it's over 100 degrees I hesitate to get in. Somethin's just not right there.
What did I eat for dinner you ask?  Damn May's Chicken and Waffles!  I know, I know, I'm an idiot! All that hard work for nothing! But listen! I had a great deal from Groupon for an awesome meal and I just couldn't pass it up.  If you know anything about me, you know I'm cheap as hell and any opportunity for me to save a buck, I'm all over it! Until next time....Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment